I never dreamed I could run a “Cool Thought on a Warm Day” post two days before Christmas, but here we are experiencing record breaking temperatures on the East Coast. ( please see below for second photo and additional text)
If you would like to see a more normal Deep Creek Lake winter scene, please click on Winter Scene.
Before taking this photo, I had never walked on a frozen lake, it was a new experience to say the least. The second photo was taking near Deep Creek Lake on a blustery winter’s day. I really liked the way the red barn contrasted with the stark white of the snow. It gave the photo a clear focus point.
It has actually been in the 50’s over the last couple of days or so at Deep Creek Lake. I would not advise walking on the lake right now, unless you have a very good wet suit and are not subject to frostbite.
Thank you so much for dropping in today, Rob.
- Anglers tackling ice fishing on Deep Creek Lake (times-news.com)
- Muddy Creek Falls in Black and White (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Community – Birds (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Wordless Wednesday : The Visitors (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Let There Be Light (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Officials propose wind farm at Deep Creek Lake (times-news.com)