Family Living at Deep Creek Lake

rob paine duck family deep creek lake

I shot this family photo late one summer afternoon at Deep Creek Lake.  I was photographing a beautiful sunset when one of our friends pointed to the procession of baby ducks  taking place below. (please see more text below)

Every considered selling your photos at an arts festival?  Find out what I learned at  My First  Arts Festival

It is  not a secret  that luck plays a great part in  capturing images like this one. I happened to be standing on the back deck of a clubhouse which afforded me a good vantage point and allowed me to capture this family’s  reflection in the lower part of the photo.

I could not have asked for better lighting as the sun illuminated  the scene from the left side of the  parade. After taking this photo I ran from the deck I was on to get a second angle where I would be on the same level as the ducks, but this shot ended up being much more  interesting.

Thanks so much for visiting  my blog  today!  I hope you have a great week, Rob

Enhanced by Zemanta

1. I always love your captures!!

2. […] Family Living at Deep Creek Lake | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]

3. So precious to see the babies around their mother…great capture.

4. There they are again! I love ducklings!! 🙂

5. Like most family photos, not all of them are looking in the same directions. It’s hard to get a perfect facial shot when there are so many family members. Love the waves and the light (and, of course, the ducks are very cute).

6. […] Family Living at Deep Creek Lake | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]