Earlier this month on the way out Garrett County in Western Maryland, I made a quick stop at the Route 219 overlook. Visiting this pull off is like opening a visual box of Cracker Jack. You never know what prize awaits. (please see more photos and text below.)
On this particular morning, the weather forecast said a storm was on its way into town. As I got out of my car to get my gear, I looked to my left and saw what resembled the light from Heaven dropping from the sky over the numerous farms below me. It was quite a grand view.
While Garrett County is best known for Deep Creek Lake and the WISP resort that offers four season activity, you will find another treasure trove of photo opportunities in Garrett County’s country roads and rolling farmland.
Many of the farms in the county invite visitors to tour their grounds. For more information, please visit the Garrett-Preston Rural Development Coalition Web site.
As I have written in earlier posts, I have photographed this vista a dozen times during every season of the year. It is a dynamic view in that it always looks a little different.
The 219 Overlook is located at such an elevation that at times you feel as if you are taking aerial photographs.
If you have a preference on which of these three you like the most, I would love to get your feedback and comments in the comment box.
Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day, Rob
- Garrett County Barn Number 2 (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Let There Be Light (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Grand (daribaliku.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: grand (plaridel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Grand (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Grand (erinolearyphotography.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Grand (worldinshortposts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: grand (michaelpellas.wordpress.com)
- Weekly-photo-challenge-Grand (pensivewriter2013.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Grand (photobyjohnbo.wordpress.com)