The Iceman Cometh…

WEB ICE STORM FOUR

After having fun watching several football games being played in the snow Sunday, including the Eagles-Lions, Baltimore-Vikings (great game) and the Redskins-Chiefs game (Ok, not so fun) several states woke up Monday morning to quite the ice show. (see below for more text and an additional photo)

In the D.C. area, where temperatures topped out near 70 degrees about a week ago, things were in a slippery state Monday, offering some ideal conditions for some grand ice weather features.

WEB ICE STORM TWO

Helpful tip : when photographing frozen branches and plants, do not forget about the branches above that maybe weighed down by the heavy ice.
Keep your head up!

1. […] The Iceman Cometh… | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]

2. […] The Iceman Cometh… | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]

3. Beautiful captures of ice! Temperature dropped quickly too in Dallas, now is like 20s in the morning. Lot of ice on the road.

1. I think we had the same storm system. I heard the weather was bad in Dallas earlier on. Thanks for the nice comment Amy!

4. That ice is amazing, I get excited when I find a roses bush with water drops all along a branch but ice like that! Wonderful! Not enough superlatives to express myself here 🙂

5. Beautiful pictures. Looks like you got more ice than we did.

1. it was the most I have seen in a while!

6. Totally gorgeous, Rob! I’m sure Eugene O’Neill would’ve thought so too.

1. Thank you! and I like the O’Neill reference in your comment.

7. That is a lot of ice and cold!

1. you can say that again! Thanks for the comment, Rob

8. Aren’t these awesome, as are your photos…I recently came across something similar in my area and I was thrilled as I’ve never seen anything like this before! Thankfully what I found wasn’t caused by an ice storm but the high waves washing up on a rock and drenching a tree during a bitter cold windy day…

1. good deal heather. first we had a pretty snow and then the ice came, fortunately, not too many tree limbs fell. Thanks for checking out my blog today, Rob

9. Wow! I photographed a great hoar frost last year but that ice is spectacular!

10. Awesome, please teach me how to take pics like this!!!! Wasn’t that Vikings game great, you should have heard me cheering(screaming)! I am mad they let AP play in that snow, now he’s hurt….ugh!!

1. that was an amazing game. I did not believe that last touchdown! I guess the Vikings are going to start getting used to bad weather as they are playing at University of Minnesota for the next two years. Dress warm for those games ( their new stadium looks really nice too, when it is finished)

Freelance Outer Banks Documentary Photographer, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Avon, North Carolina