Tolliver Falls Garrett County Maryland

Photo by Rob Paine/Deep Creek Images/Copyright 2017

Swallow Falls State Park is one of the most popular destinations in Western Maryland. Tolliver Falls, one of the three waterfall in the park is one of my favorite placed to photograph. I first  posted this photo several  years ago.  (Please see below for more text and another photo)

Photo by Rob Paine/Deep Creek Images/Copyright 2017

The state park includes waterfalls and miles of walking trails. It is a great place to cool off in the summer and always offers numerous photo opportunities. I like Tolliver so much I included this photo on one of my newer Deep Creek Lake postcards and it is also in my book, “A Place Called Deep Creek Lake.”

Below is a photo of the same falls taken from a different angle and includes the rock staircase that runs along the side of the falls.

20130824-082209.jpg

Thanks for rising my blog today and I hope you have a great weekend.

1. I really love that first picture of the falls, it really does capture me as to its peaceful beauty, balance, composition, position with the back light through the trees, I do like this photo! I just enjoy looking at it, and have done several times now.

2. Well done, Rob. Either would make a beautiful puzzle.

janet

3. […] Tolliver Falls Garrett County Maryland | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]

4. Beautiful and so peaceful!

5. What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing!

6. Excellent photos! Reminds me of a movie of England in the 15th century.

7. Beautiful pics and place. I just started trying out different shutter speeds…need to find a waterfall like this to snap a pic!!

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Smile and Wave. One Epic Shutter at a time.

Smile and Wave. One Epic Shutter at a time.