Here are Your Favorites!

Photo 15

Photo with most votes from Week Ending Nov 17, 2013

I want to express my appreciation to everyone who has voted for their favorite iseebeautyallaround.com photo of the week over the past month. Its been an unexpected bonus for me that so many people have been so gracious to share their opinions on my work. Feedback is what makes the world go around and I really appreciate your’s.

This morning, I would like to post the four photos that your voted your favorite in the last four polls, starting with the photo above that received the most votes from last week’s survey.

What I find really interesting about all the images you selected (except for the owl photo) is they were all taken nearby. Often photographers are told they must travel to an exotic or far away location to take compelling images yet some of the best photo possibilities are waiting right out our back door, that is if you open the door and look.

Please see more of your favorites and text below.

Photo 14

Photo with most votes from Week Ending Nov. 10, 2013

I was told the same during my career as a photojournalist, yet the stories I photographed that often had most impact on people’s lives were literally shot within a few miles of my newspaper’s office.

Photo with the most votes for the week ending November 3, 2013

Photo with the most votes for the week ending November 3, 2013

I have traveled hundreds of miles to photograph fall foliage. Many of those trips paid off handsomely yet this fall, the most colorful photos I shot were all shot within a 15 minute drive of where I live.

Photo with most votes for week ending Oct. 27, 2013

Photo with most votes for week ending Oct. 27, 2013

Traveling to photogenic locations is a great thing. I feel very fortunate to have been able to photograph places like Glacier National Park, Lake Tahoe and the beautiful coast of Maine yet the more I look around my own area, the more treasures I find to photograph.

I recently began to follow the blog Photos Close to Home by photographer named Ben Royal. Ben’s blog tag line reads as follows : “Photos taken within 10 miles of home: An exercise in seeing.”

Ben’s fantastic photography and blog is testament to the idea that most of the times the best photos are right in front of us. I would highly recommend checking out and then following Ben’s blog.

Even if you do plan future journeys to far away lands, there is no better time or place to sharpen your photography skills than now in your own yard. With every additional frame you shoot the sharper your photo skills will be when you do make that big trip to your dream location.

The photo of the week poll will resume tomorrow. Again, thank you so much of following my blog. I hope the rest of your weekend is terrific, Rob

1. Very nice. Love the little yellow birds. Nice contrast. all are very well done. I agree with you about location. Most of my photos are taken on the land that surrounds my home. I find new angles all the time and new things I never saw. I will definitely check out Ben’s blog. Keep up the great work!

2. Thank you so much for sharing these magnificent photos with us!

3. As always, great images and so true. Thanks for the link to Ben Royal’s Blog, a reminder that when I think there is nothing else to photograph at home, it is only a matter of seeing more clearly.

4. Great Autumn pictures. MM 🍀

5. Your photos are fabulous and I completely agree with the idea that fabulous pics can be taken close to home – that’s actually the whole point of our blog as well – things people overlook in our area! I’m going to check out Photos Close to Home. Thanks! ~SueBee

6. That’s a nice abstraction of fall foliage reflected in water. Good job.