No matter where I am or what I am doing in a given week, I always make it a habit to get out and take some new photos. (see below for more text and an additional photo)
These photos were of sculptures at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Va. Meadowlark is well known for it great variety of flowers and trees on its well maintained paths that travel over rolling hills. It also has several sculptures placed around the park.
The top photo is a sculpture of two people sitting on a bench. I shot from a very low angle with a wide angle lens to end up with this larger than life perspective.
This second photo was of another very tall sculpture set on top of a hill. I took the same approach to this photo. I processed both photos in black and white as I felt removing the colors adding to the drama of the photo. The texture and shapes are much more apparent without the color. The scattered clouds in the background added to the scene as well.
I always enjoy photographing sculptures as it is a challenge to create your own interpretation of someone else’s work by using light and different angles and perspectives.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great Friday! Rob
- A sculpture by the sea everyone must see (smh.com.au)
- Big sculptures to capture garden fans (stuff.co.nz)
- Biggest pumpkin becomes part of NYC sculpture (kvue.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Habit (hereismy365.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Habits (itsawonderfulfnlife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Habit (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (blatherskiteblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (ngyimhontom.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : The Hue of Blue and Yellow (iseebeautyallaround.com)