Photographing fall colors reminds me a little of playing a slot machine. You never know from year to year what you are in for. One autumn may provide dramatic saturated hues while in other years you may end up seeing muted shades of yellow or red. Please see second photo below.
The shot above was taken in what I would call a jackpot year, (the same year my personal fall favorite was taken shown on this link)
This driveway is on Rock Lodge Road near where it intersects with Bittinger Road in Garrett County, MD., near Deep Creek Lake. It is landmark of sorts and a favorite spot for photographers pursuing fall foliage or even snow shots in the winter.
The photo below was taken during a different year where the colors were not as brilliant. Two approaches that can make photos with limited colors more interesting is to play the shades of the leaves off a nearby building or a car, such as is done with the red roof of this vacation home.
Garrett County is host to the annual Autumn Glory festival which begins Wednesday, Oct. 9 and runs thru Sunday, Oct. 13. The leaves have already begun to turn at Deep Creek Lake and hopefully the color will hang around
for the festival.
To find out everything you ever wanted to know about Autumn Glory, please click here.
Check in later today for the weekly photo challenge.
Thanks for dropping in, Rob
- Fall Color : Coming Soon to a Lake Near You (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Unusual Point of View : Old Barn (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- A note on Photography on Local News Web sites (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual Point of View – Savageman Triathlon (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- My First Art Festival! (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Panorama-Mania (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Old Election House in Sang Run, MD (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Whitewater Action at ASCI at Deep Creek Lake (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Carefree Deep Creek Lake Style (iseebeautyallaround.com)