I thought I would post a couple more images to go with this week’s saturated theme.
The purple flower above was shot a couple of years ago. Normally I would be going for a deeper depth of field on flower shot. The symmetry on this plant was so striking I thought a lower depth of field would really bring out the design of the flower as almost the entire background drops off into nothing. It is sort of an aerial shot of a flower. (Please see more text and another flower photo below)
For the yellow rose photo below I took almost the opposite approach. I used a very lower depth of field to create a more dreamy look while still maintaing the shape of the petals and bringing out the shadows between them.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Enjoy the day. Rob
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (forestwoodfolkart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Focus (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Color Study (prestonblaylock.wordpress.com)
- Close up flower shot (planetjamez.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (kirstenhwhyte.wordpress.com)
- Camera Techniques : APERTURE … Shallow Depth Of Field (louisehuber.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated. (chocolatespoonandthecamera.wordpress.com)
8 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge : Saturated – The Color of Flowers”
[…] Weekly Photo Challenge : Saturated – The Color of Flowers (iseebeautyallaround.com) […]
Nice pics and thanks a mil for the ping 😉
[…] Weekly Photo Challenge : Saturated – The Color of Flowers | I see beauty all around by rob paine […]
Thank you Cee!
The rose looks like a mousse of Chantilly cream, it’s beautiful. Thanks for the Like on my blog.
sure, thanks for giving me the flower’s name! Cheers, Rob
My pleasure 🙂