If you love Advent calendars you have to visit the The Christmas Attic on Union Street in Alexandria, Va. this Christmas season, where you can see a two-story Advent calendar created on the side of the building that houses the shop. Please more text and a second photo below.
The Christmas Attic is located in an 18th century tobacco warehouse situated one block from the Potomac River. The art posted on the exterior of store is part of the 3rd Annual The Christmas Attic’s Holiday Advent Calendar Art Celebration.
The shop’s Web site says the following : “From December 1 through December 25, 2013 each day at sundown, the store will reveal “advent art” featuring a variety of holiday creations by local organizations and artists. All art will be placed on the exterior of the building facing Union Street. During the month of December, the canvases of advent art will be available for auction in which interested parties can place bids inside the store. Proceeds from the auction will go to local non-profit The Reading Connection. The Reading Connection is dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children and families by helping them create and sustain literacy-rich environments and motivation for reading.”
What a great idea that benefits a great cause. If you live near or are visiting Alexandria for the holidays, you should make it a point to visit the The Christmas Attic and see this art project.
Below is a wider shot of the calendar. You can see December 24 at lower right which was yet to be unveiled when this photo was taken.
- Kit Kat: Advent Calendar (ibelieveinadv.com)
- You’re Never Too Old For An Advent Calendar Apparently (thegoddessweighsin.wordpress.com)
- Joyful Time with a Tea Advent Calendar (upforacup.wordpress.com)
- Make a Tree Advent Calendar (bkids.typepad.com)
- Australian Advent Calendar – 24 days of attempting to feel Christmassy! (ellimoody.blogspot.com)
- Advent Calendar: Final Quarter (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Advent Calendar by A. Adelle (illustrationtime.wordpress.com)