I shot this photo at Sand Harbor, a state park in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
Sand Harbor is my favorite place to photograph in Lake Tahoe. It’s rock formations are fascinating and make for great subjects with a backdrop provided by the Sierras. Please see below for additional photo.
Perhaps I was influenced by all of Ansel Adams‘ terrific work shot in the Sierras, but I always see these rocks and the mountains in this particular area in black and white. The color seems to serve as a distraction from all of the form and different shade of light that are evident in these giant formations.
Of course the great thing about shooting digital is you can have your choice of color or black and white.
Thanks so much for checking out my blog today. Rob
- Sinatra’s old Tahoe resort to get major makeover (bigstory.ap.org)
- Best Kept Secret Lake Tahoe Halloween Hotel Deals 2013 Revealed by TahoesBest.com (virtual-strategy.com)
- Major motion picture to film at Reno, Lake Tahoe (sfgate.com)
- Attractive view of sceneries from the cabin windows (laketahoecabinrentals.wordpress.com)
- Major motion picture to film at Reno, Lake Tahoe (kansascity.com)