Today I am posting more of the autumn colors I captured with my cameras earlier this month in Garrett County, Md. As I wrote in an earlier post, fall colors offer an infinite number of photo opportunities, especially in and around Deep Creek Lake. The photo above was taken of two people walking along Rock Lodge Road next to Deep Creek Lake. (please see below for additional photos and text)
While I am yet to photograph a bear in the wild , the local deer population rarely disappoints. I captured this scene atop one of the mountains that over looks the lake. Below, a set of red stairs leading to Deep Creek Lake blends well with the leaves changing color behind it.
Shown below is a tree featuring brilliant yellow foliage next to the lake. For those vacationers or those workers furloughed who cannot visit national parks in the region thanks to the government shutdown, Garrett County is a fantastic alternative. Most if not all the parks in the county are either state or locally run and are open for business. It is a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
Thanks for stopping by! Rob
- The Most Colorful Driveway I have ever Photographed (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Fall Color : Coming Soon to a Lake Near You (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Garrett County Harvests Innovation: “Buy Local” Tools Are… (prweb.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Unusual Point of View : Old Barn (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Whitewater Action at ASCI at Deep Creek Lake (iseebeautyallaround.com)